TRAFFIC CONTROL SUPERVISOR (TCS) RE-CERTIFICATION
TRAFFIC CONTROL SUPERVISOR (TCS) Recertification is required within 4 years of course completion to maintain TCS certification per the SDDOT. If you took one of AGC's TCS Training Classes in 2016 (click on the list below) you MUST participate in one of the recertification classes below to maintain your certification. Failure to recertify/successfully pass the recertification exam will result in the participant’s status as an Active TCS expiring upon the 4 year anniversary. Recertification cost $25/person. Registration is now open for the recertification exam in the following locations and times:
- Pierre - AGC Office, 300 East Capitol Avenue
- January 7th 11:00am or 1:00pm CT
- January 9th 11:00am or 1:00pm CT
- Rapid City – Construction Industry Center (CIC), 2771 Plant ST
- January 7th 11:00am or 1:00pm MT
- January 9th 11:00am or 1:00pm MT
- Sioux Falls – AGC Office, 7501 E Arrowhead Parkway
- January 7th 11:00am or 1:00pm CT Each session capped at 20.
- January 9th 11:00am or 1:00pm CT Each session capped at 20.
To register for one of the above dates, please email email@example.com!
Recertification materials to utilize prior to taking the recertification exam:
Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices for Streets and Highways:
- Part 1 - https://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/pdfs/2009r1r2/mutcd2009r1part1.pdf
- Part 5 - https://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/pdfs/2009r1r2/part5.pdf
- Part 6 - https://mutcd.fhwa.dot.gov/pdfs/2009r1r2/part6.pdf
- DOT Standard Plates
- TCS Workbook
- AGC TCS JOB Aid
- Taper Length and Device Table
- Special Provision for Traffic Control Supervisor
Training Course for Traffic Control Supervisors
This program was designed to comply with the South Dakota Department of Transportation Special Provision for Traffic Control Supervisor. Upon satisfactory completion of this course, attendees certified as a Traffic Control Supervisor will receive a Certificate of completion.